ページビューの合計

2017年7月25日火曜日

Survey summary


I conducted a food waste survey.  I want to say thank you to all respondents who participated in my survey monkey survey. Thanks to your cooperation, I could get a lot of useful information.

In all, 13 people answered my survey. I think this number of respondents are not enough, but I can get other people opinions. These are very helpful for me.

The age of respondents is from 19 to 22. It is young, and same generation as me. So I could know our generation’s opinion.

 I found some interesting result in my survey. First, question1, I asked “are you interested in food waste?” About 70 percent of respondents answered “yes”. I was surprise to know this fact, I though young people were not interested in this issue so much. But at the same time, 30 % of them are not interested in food waste. I hope them to get interested in this issue through my blog.

 In question5, I asked “do you know the concept of food bank?”. Surprisingly, about 92% of them didn’t know. I was very shocked to know that. It is true that FOOD BANK is not so common in japan. About 8 % answered “yes”, but actually I found that they a little misunderstand.

 Another surprising fact is all of them don’t have any idea to reduce food waste. They are interested in food waste, but they don’t know the solution. This is contradictive.  I think it is time to find the way to reduce food waste together.

 Moreover, about 70 % of them have wasted food before, because they couldn’t eat everything because of full, missed the best before date and so on. I found from this, food waste problem is common issue to us.

 All in all, I could know social opinion through this survey, it help me to make a conclusion about this issue. Thank you for everyone.






2 件のコメント:

  1. I personally feel that more larger groups like companies should be aware of this issue and take action. There are many people suffering from hunger, and on the other side, there are tons of food wasted for various reasons, like left over school lunches, expired stocks in restaurants, convenience stores, homes, etc. It may cost money, but I think it is worth it to educate people how we can decrease the excess food we harvest and make, that eventually end up in the garbage, so that food gets distributed to everyone in the world.

    返信削除
  2. It was very good that your survey showed clearly the need for an NPO like yours since the respondents didn't have any idea how to reduce food waste, even though the majority were interested in it.
    Cheers,
    joseph d

    返信削除